Psychiatric or mental health nursing is the appointed position of a nurse that specialises in mental health, and cares for people of all ages experiencing mental illnesses or distress. These include: schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, depression, personality disorders, eating disorders, suicidal thoughts, psychosis, paranoia, and self-harm.
- Primary mental health care
- Assessment and evaluation of mental health effects
- Anxiety and sleep disorders
- Schizophrenia and nursing care
- Electroconvulsive therapy and effects
- Stress and emotional treatment studies and outcomes
- Cognitive behavioural therapy and family therapy in nursing